Join the Parade on Musketaquid Earth Day this coming Saturday, April 28th
- Organization: Musketaquid Arts and Environment
- Causes: Educational, Environmental
- Date(s): Saturday, April 28th. Parade starts at 11 am from Lowell Rd. Bridge in Concord. For those who would like to be in the Parade, please arrive by 10 am.
- Contact person: Morningstar Medaye
- Phone: 978-424-3873
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: musketaquidartsenvironment.posterous.com/pages/the-schedul…
Saturday, April 28th (11 am parade kickoff, come earlier if participating, meet at Lowell Rd. Bridge near the Old Calf Pasture):
Musketaquid Earth Day Parade in Concord, MA:
There are several events taking place on that day -- River Ceremony, Parade, Music and Arts Festival (all free). The entire schedule is on the Musketaquid Arts and Environment blog, specifically atmusketaquidartsenvironment.posterous.com/pages/the-schedule-for-musketaquid-earth-day-saturd.
The name Musketaquid honors the wisdom of Concord, Massachusett's first people who described this place according to its nature, "the place where the waters flows through the grasses.” During this time of year, Musketaquid rallies in a big way by presenting their own Musketaquid Earth Day to pay a special artistic tribute to Concord’s beautiful natural surroundings, long recognized by the likes of Thoreau and Emerson. Individuals and kindred spirit causes are welcome to join in! With or without costume. (We have spares if you'd like something festive to wear.) Otherwise, just come and be an active observer, jumping in when the spirit moves you!
If you're interested in participating in the parade, please contact Morningstar Medaye,firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-424-3873.