5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 7
It's Special Town Meeting time.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The National Weather Service is calling for patchy fog today with a high of 63. Tonight will be clear with a low of 37.
2. The Concord Special Town Meeting is tonight, 7 p.m., at Concord-Carlisle Regional High School.
3. The Board of Selectmen is meeting at 6 p.m., prior to the Special Town Meeting; the EDCO Collaborative Finance and Administrative Subcommittee is meeting at 10 a.m. today; the Community Preservation Committee meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m. tonight has been canceled.
4. If government's not your thing, stop by the Community Contra Dance, 7:30 p.m., at the Scout House.
5. On Nov. 7, 1944 Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected to an unprecedented fourth term as president. In 1951, the 22nd Amendment was passed, officially limiting the president's tenure in office, a measure proposed by the administration of Roosevelt's successor, Harry Truman.