5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 26
Here's everything you need to know today.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. There is a 70-percent chance of rain today with a high of 52, according to the National Weather Service. Rain is expected to continue into tonight and through tomorrow, possibly producing the first snow flurries of the season.
2. The Tax Relief Committee is meeting today at 8:30 a.m., at 141 Keyes Road.
3. The Parents Helping Parents Support Group is meeting today at 11:30 a.m., at Emerson Hospital.
4. The Concord Art Association's watercolor and silkscreen exhibit Doing Nothing/Nothing Doing is still on display through the end of the week.
5. Although all sins were forgiven in October 2004, today marks the 25th anniversary of one of the biggest blunders in the book of Boston baseball, when first baseman Bill Buckner let a routine grounder dribble through his legs allowing the Mets to score in the tenth inning, winning Game 6 of the 1986 World Series, forcing a Game 7. The Red Sox would go on to lose Game 7, perpetuating the Curse of the Bambino.