Baby Animals and Crafts
Family fun in Concord.
Glad you clicked on our new Grab & Go Kids Planner!
We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children.
Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips — just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you!
Flexible, fun and educational activities you can enjoy at your leisure can be found this week.
- Where/When: Minuteman National Park, 174 Liberty St., Daily, 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.; program starts every 30 minutes.
- Why Go: Discovery history in your own back yard with this introduction to historic events of April 19, 1775.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Concord Museum, 53 Cambridge Turnpike, Monday - Saturday, 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.; Sunday, 1- 4 p.m.
- Why Go: “A little scrap for recollection’s sake” exhibits rarely exhibited quilts from doll size to full size for all to view and enjoy.
- Pricing: Adults $10, kids 6-17 $5, under 6 free.
- Where/When: Old Manse House, 269 Monument Street, Thursday and Friday, 2, 3 or 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, Noon- 4:30 p.m. (allow two hours North Bridge and House tour)
- Why Go: Experience guided tours of this historic house built in 1770 for patriot minister William Emerson with your family and friends.
- Pricing: Adult $8; Child (6-12) $5; Senior $7; Student (with valid ID) $7; Family (2 adults and up to 3 minor children) $25 (25% savings)
- Where/When: Dabblers, Hobbies and Cafe, 119 Commonwealth Avenue, West Concord, daily while store open. Weekdays 9 a.m.- 7 p.m. (8 p.m. Thursday), Saturday 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Grab a parent and head on out to Dabblers and make a pot holder using our looms and brightly colored loops.
- Pricing: $5 per pot holder.
- Where/When: Barefoot Books Studio, 89 Thoreau St., Saturday, 10:30 a.m.
- Why Go: Join this interactive, educational event with your child(ren) as you pet several baby animals.
- Pricing: $20/child, includes event and book, pre-registration required.