Five Things: Moms' Comedy Night Out and Vatican II Revisited
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. Moms' Comedy Night Out: At 7 p.m. tonight, Barefoot Books on Thoreau Street is hosting a "Moms' Comedy Night Out" to support Families First Parenting. Entertainer Marcy Goldberg Sacks promises to add lightness to the craziness of parenting with her talk: Surviving Motherhood Through Humor, and up to 40 percent of the evening's sales will benefit the non-profit organization Families First.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Board of Appeals at 7 p.m., the Board of Assessors at 7 p.m., the Citizens Committee to Study School Transportation at 7 p.m. and the Finance Committee's Guidelines Subcommittee at 7:30 p.m.
3. Vatican II Revisited: The Liturgy: At 7:30 p.m. tonight, Holy Family Parish will hosting noted theologian and liturgist, the Rev. Walter Cuenin, who will be speaking on the Second Vatican Council’s document on the liturgy Sacrosanctum Concilium. The first document to emerge from the Second Vatican Council, the liturgy Constitution undoubtedly has had the most lasting impact on Catholics throughout the world since it changed the language and style of Catholic worship. Costs $10.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Rain, Rain Goes Away: Should be mostly sunny today with a high of 60, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts increasing clouds overnight as lows drop down to 41.