Five Things: A Memorial Lecture, Concord Orchestra in Concert
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on March 15 in Concord.
EDITOR'S NOTE: The David Thorp Memorial Lecture listed under No. 1 has been re-scheduled for Thursday, June 6 at 7:30 p.m.
1. David Thorp Memorial Lecture: At 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Holy Family/St. Bernard's Church in Concord Center, Holy Family Parish will present Reverend Frank DeSiano, CSP in a memorial lecture, who will lecture on the memory of David Thorp, who served Holy Family parish for slightly less than a year as its first Director of Faith Formation. From the event description "[Thorp's] death two years ago touched the hearts of thousands of people locally, not only in Holy Family parish, but also throughout the Archdiocese of Boston where David labored for more thirty years in many capacities. When he died, David was the Director of the archdiocese’s Catholics Come Home Evangelization program."
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, there are no public meetings posted for today.
3. Concord Orchestra Presents Peter Zazofsky: At 8 p.m. tonight at 51 Walden, the Concord Orchestra, conducted by Richard Pittman, will present its winter concert featuring Peter Zazofsky, who will perform the Violin Concerto No. 2 in G Minor by Sergei Prokofiev. Also on the program is Anton Bruckner’s Symphony No. 6 in A Major.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Night: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 42, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy evening with a low of 26.