Five Things: CCHS Building Committee's Back
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. CCHS Building Committee: Meeting in full for the first time since the MSBA reinstated funding for the CCHS building project, the Building Committee will meet at 6 p.m. tonight at the High School and its agenda includes an MSBA update, contingency analysis and schedule update, among other things.
2. Earthquake Hazards and the Environment: Megaquakes and More: At 7 p.m., at the Gleason Library in Carlisle, research scientist Alan Kafka will discuss how earthquakes interact with the environment to create hazardous situations that all too often result in tragedy, and what people can do to mitigate their effects, and hopefully make ourselves less vulnerable.
3. Other Public Meetings: According to the town website, other public meetings posted for today include the Municipal Light Board at 8 a.m., a Historic Sistricts Commission Site Visit at 8 a.m., the Central Middlessex Emergency Rescue Authority (CMERA) Executive Board at 9 a.m., the CCHS Building's site-based subcommittee at 2:30 p.m., the Design Planning Workshop for Millbrook Tarry at 6 p.m., the Willard School Advisory Council at 6:30 p.m., the High School Advisory Council Meeting at 7 p.m. and the Public Works Commission at 7:15 p.m.
4. Attention Concord Business Owners: Follow these easy steps laid out in this video to claim your business listing on Patch, and you'll be able to check stats on ratings, respond to reviews, edit and add info and manage photos and other media.
5. Sunny, But Cooler: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of just 47, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clear evening with a low around 28.