Five Things: Art, Meetings and Nor'easter Rolling In
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. ArtMatters: Music and Dance, Matisse, and Renoir: At 1:30 p.m. this afternoon, Jane Blair of ArtMatters returns to Carlisle for a celebration of Auguste Renoir’s life and work at the St. Irene Church at 181 East St. in Carlisle.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town webiste, public meetings posted for today in Concord include the Concord Local Emergency Planning Committee at 9 a.m., the Cemetery Committee at 7 p.m., the Natural Resources Commission at 7 p.m., the Comprehensive Sustainable Energy Committee at 7:30 p.m. and the West Concord Advisory Committee at 7:30 p.m.
3. Goodbye and Good Luck! Accoding to the most recent Town Manager's Report, 18-year CFD veteran Firefighter Scott Wodzinski’s last shift was October
30. He has left Concord Fire to take the position as Fire Chief in Littleton. "Scott has always been a dependable, enthusiastic member of our team," Town Manager Chris Whelan wrote. "We congratulate him and wish him well in his new position!"
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Nor'easter Arrives Today: Rain and snow are possible early, and then mostly rain, with wind gusts of up to 39 miles per hour and a high of 42, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more possible precipitation and strong winds overnight and a low of 35.