Five Things: Yoga for Kids, Cell Phones for Soldiers, Meetings and More
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Jan. 14 in Concord.
1. Yoga/Art Workshop- Mandalas at Barefoot Books: At 4:30 p.m. today, there's a one-hour workshop at Barefoot Books combining yoga and Mandala making, an ancient art form used in many cultures as a tool for self-discovery and meditation, this time using a protractor. Costs $14 and preregistration is required. More info.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the CC Adult & Community Education Adviosry Committee at 4:45 p.m. and the Community Preservation Committee at 7:30 p.m.
3. Cell Phones for Soldiers Collection Drive: Through Jan. 31, the Holy Family Parish Youth Ministry and the non-profit Cell Phones for Soldiers are asking Concord residents to help troops call home by donating gently-used cellular phones. Residents can donate their phones at the specially marked boxes at the entrances to Holy Family Parish Church in Monument Square or at the Holy Family Parish Offices at 55 Church Street in West Concord.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Maybe Rain, Maybe Warm: There's a chance of showers today, but it should stay warm, with a high of about 56, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening and a low of 29.