Five Things: End of Life Issues, Meetings and More
Here's a quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. Lecture: "Let's Talk About End of Life Issues": At 7:30 p.m. tonight at Monument Hall, Holy Family Parish is hosting an adult faith formation presentation titled "What Are They Saying About End of Life Issues?" The presenter will be Jesuit priest and medical doctor Myles Sheehan, SJ, who is also Provincial of the New England Jesuit province.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include a Conservation Coffee at 7:30 a.m., the Hugh Cargill Trust at 9:15 a.m., the Council on Aging at 5:30 p.m., the Concord and Concord Carlisle School Committees at 6:30 p.m., the Planning Board at 7 p.m., the Library Committee at 7 p.m. and Community Preservation Committee at 7:30 p.m.
3. Minuteman Technical Institute Info Session: From 7 to 9 p.m. at Minuteman High School on Route 2A in Lexington, the Minuteman Technical Institute will have an Open House to acclimate potential students to the MTI programs (formerly known as Adult Career Learning programs) that provides students with the required qualifications to seek out and compete for desirable roles in diverse high-growth industries, such as Dental Assisting, Biomanufacturing, HVAC and Plumbing.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Showers Maybe: Possible showers are in the forecast for today, along with a high of 53, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy night with a chance of showers and low of 29.