Five Things: Get Clued in About Columbus Day
A quick look at five things to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. It's Columbus Day: Here's your breakdown of what's open and what's closed.
2. What It's All About: Columbus Day remembers Italian explorer Christopher Columbus’ long journey across the Atlantic Ocean to the “New World," which he completed in 1492.
3. Local Events: Barefoot Books, on Thoreau Street has drop-in activities for childen age 2 and older from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. this morning. Kids can make their own sailor hat and explorer's binoculars, and design a flag to go atop their ship, while The Barefoot World Atlas will be discounted for participants. Costs $4, according to the entry on our calendar.
4. Have You Met Our New Neighbor? Bedford-MA Patch hit the ground running with its launch in September. You can turn to bedford-ma.patch.com for news about your neighbors and the latest on what's going on along Great Road.
5. Nice Fall Day: Should be mostly sunny today with a high of 59, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a chilly and clear evening with a low of 38.