Five Things: Hurricane Cleanup and Cell Phones for a Cause
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know Nov. 2 in Concord.
1. Free Disposal of Storm Debris: Still cleaning up after Hurricane Sandy? The Compost Site at 755 Walden St. will be open to Concord residents--but not to contractors or commercial vehicles--for the free disposal of brush, branches and debris from fallen trees from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through this Saturday, Nov. 3.
2. The Attias Group Real Estate Collecting Old Cell Phones: The Attias Group Real Estate and Every Mother Counts desperately seek your used cells phones so they can put them in the hands of valiant health workers across the globe. Each phone is recycled responsibly in the United States by Hope Phones and the funds are used to purchase phones in the local markets of countries around the world with high maternal mortality rates.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, there are no public meetings posted for today in Concord.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Cloudy and Cooler: Should be mostly cloudy today, with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon and a high of 58, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cooler evening with a low of 36.