Five Things: Intel-OARS Environmental Innovators Contest
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. 4th Annual Intel-OARS Environmental Innovators Contest: Students from grades 9-12 in the Assabet, Sudbury, and Concord River watershed communities are invited to develop creative ideas on how to solve our local water problems and enter the fourth annual Inte-OARS environmental innovators contest. First, second, and third prize winners will receive up to $500, and other prizes will also be awarded. Head over to the OARS website for more information.
2. Consuming Passion: Food as Metaphor in Art: "Consuming Passion: Food as Metaphor in Art" is an exhibit at Concord Art Association that brings together 13 artists who use a variety of media and materials - including edible ones - to convey different intentions - from food memory to commenting on societal issues. The opening website is from 6 to 8 p.m. tonight. Check out the website for ticket information.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Heywood Meadow Stewardship Committee at 9 a.m., the Historical Commission at 6:30 p.m., the Historic Districts Commission at 6:30 p.m., the Citizens Committee to Study School Transportation at 7 p.m., the Middle School Advisory Council at 7 p.m., the Finance Committee Guidelines Subcommittee at 7:30 p.m. and the Hanscom Area Towns Committee (HATS) at 7:30 p.m.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Night: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high in the mid-60s, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy evening with a low in the mid-50s and a 40 percent chance of showers.