Five Things: It's Crucolo Day!
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Dec. 6 in Concord.
1. It's Crucolo Day! A 400-pound wheel of Crucolo cheese will ride triumphantly into town at 3:30 p.m. this afternoon to arrive at the Concord Cheese Shop, where Peter Lovis and Co will celebrate their award-winning, proclamation-earning "Crucolo Day" campaign.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Concord Housing Authority at 8 a.m., the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Advisory Committee at 8 a.m., the Historic Districts Commission at 7 p.m., the Middle School Advisory Council at 7 p.m., the Board of Assessors at 7 p.m. and the Hanscom Area Towns Committee (HATS) at 7:30 p.m.
3. Thursday Author Series: At 7:30 p.m. tonight, Belmont resident and retired Lexington High School history teacher Mary Keenan will discuss her book, "In Haste, Julia," in the Periodicals Room of the Concord Free Public Library.
4. Brian Friedland's BIG BAND - At Concord Conservatory: At 8 p.m. this evening, local music teacher Brian Friedland brings his 20-piece big band to West Concord Union Church.
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Night: Should be a mostly sunny and clear day, with a high of 39, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening and a low of 26.