Five Things: Playgroup and Sports Injury Prevention Tips
A quick look at five things to do, see and know today in Concord.
1. Infant/Toddler Playgroup at Barefoot Books: This playgroup is scheduled for 2 p.m., just when afternoon nap is done, and there are hand-picked stories for the little ones sounds at the Storyteller's Throne at Barefoot Books.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Concord Housing Authority at 8 a.m., the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Advisory Committee at 8 a.m., the Citizens Committee to Study School Transportation at 6 p.m. at the CCTV stuido and 7:30 p.m. at Harvey Wheeler, the Historic Districts Commission at 7 p.m. and the Finance Committee's Guidelines Subcommittee at 7:30 p.m.
3. Sports Injury Prevention Tips: With the fall sports season upon us, now's as good a time as any to review tips to help children play their sports with minimum risk of injury. Here's a shortcut to some soccer injury prevention tips from Boston Children's Hospital and football injury prevention tips, as well.
4. Businesses, Claim Your Listings: Are you a Concord business looking to amp up your profile in the community? Follow these easy steps laid out by Natick Patch editor Justin Saglio, who created this terrific video to walk local business owners through claiming a business listing on Patch, and you'll be able to check stats on ratings, respond to reviews, edit and add info and manage photos and other media.
5. More Showers Expected: Rain, and areas of fog are in the forecast, with a high of 68, according ot the National Weather Service, which predicts continued showers overnight, with possible heavy rains and a low of 52.