Five Things: Road Work, a 'Taste of Turkmenistan' and More
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. Drainage Work Along Barretts Mill Road: According to the town website, some drainage work is scheduled across Barretts Mill Road in the vicinity of the Farm House for today, Nov. 29. One lane will be open to alternating traffic with police details, but the town is suggesting motorists seek alternate routes if possible.
2. A Taste of Turkmenistan: From 2:20 to 4 p.m. today at the CCHS Learning Commons, Turkmen exchange student Guychgeldi Sytdykov will present about his home country. This is the fifth year of Concord-Carlisle's sister-school relationship with a high school in Turkmenistan, an emerging democratic state in Central Asia. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, there are no public meetings posted for today.
4. PhotoVoice Comes to Concord Park: The PhotoVoice Project, a distinctive exhibit featuring the photographs and writing of older adults living with memory loss, opens at Concord Park this afternoon with a reception from 4 to 7 p.m. today.
5. Sunny Day: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 42, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy evening with a low of 26.