Five Things: Runway for Recovery's Today
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. Runway for Recovery is Tonight: A Concord-originated fashion show fundraiser, Runway for Recovery features models who are cancer survivors or who are walking in support of loved ones lost to the disease and raises money to support the MGH and Tufts Cancer Centers, specifically being used to provide support and counseling to kids who lose their mothers to breast cancer. It goes down at 7 p.m. tonight at The Westin Hotel in Waltham. Check the website for ticket information.
2. William Kuhn presents "Mrs. Queen Takes the Train": At 7 p.m. tonight at The Concord Bookshop, William Kuhn reads from, takes questions, and signs Mrs. Queen Takes the Train. Seating begins at 6:30 p.m.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Heywood Meadow Stewardship Committee at 8 a.m., the Local Option Local Income Tax Committee at 8 a.m., the Historic Issues Group at 4 p.m. and the Finance Committee at 7:30 p.m.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Night: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 63, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening with a low of 46.