Five Things: The Sacred Feminine, Sound of Music Auditions and More
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Jan. 9 in Concord.
1. Rise Up and Call Her Name: Beginning at 9:30 a.m. this morning at First Parish, the Wright Tavern Center for Spiritual Renewal introduces "Rise Up and Call Her Name," a spiritual inquiry focused on the Sacred Feminine. According to the event description, this course is "a woman-honoring journey into global Earth-based spirituality to learn about goddesses from a variety of traditions, hear and tell personal stories, create sacred art, participate in rituals, discuss questions in feminist spirituality, and engage in personal discovery together." Costs $40 for materials for more information, email FPWomensCircle@gmail.com.
2. Auditions Adults for The Sound of Music: At 7 p.m. this evening at the Fenn School, the Concord Players will hold open auditions for The Sound of Music. To schedule an appointment, email your name, telephone number, and preferred audition time to SOMemail@example.com.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Municipal Light Board at 8 a.m., the Central Middlesex Emergency Response Authority at 9 a.m., the Public Ceremonies & Celebrations Committee at 9 a.m., the CCHS Building/Site-Based Subcomm at 2:30 p.m., the CCHS Build Comm Sustainable Subcommittee at 6 p.m., the Concord-Carlisle HS Building Committee at 7 p.m., the Cemetery Committee at 7 p.m. and the Public Works Commission at 7:15 p.m.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Nigh: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 44, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening with a low of 29.