Five Things: Thinking About the Turkey Trot?
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. Turkey Trot 5K: The third annual Concord Turkey Trot 5K steps off Thanksgiving morning. Online registration for the race is closed, but you can still register at 7:30 a.m. on the morning of the race, which starts and finishes at Alcott Elementary School. The race benefits Open Table.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Wastewater Planning Task Force at 7:30 a.m., the Board of Health at 7 p.m., the Natural Resources Commission at 7 p.m., the Hanscom Field Advisory Commission at 7 a.m. and the Concord Cultural Council at 7:30 p.m.
3. The Attias Group Real Estate Collecting Old Cell Phones: The Attias Group Real Estate and Every Mother Counts desperately seek your used cells phones so they can put them in the hands of valiant health workers across the globe. Each phone is recycled responsibly in the United States by Hope Phones and the funds are used to purchase phones in the local markets of countries around the world with high maternal mortality rates.
4. Attention Concord Business Owners: Follow these easy steps laid out in this video to claim your business listing on Patch, and you'll be able to check stats on ratings, respond to reviews, edit and add info and manage photos and other media.
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Night: Should be mostly sunny today and a little warmer, with a high of 51, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clody evening with a low of 33.