Five Things You Need to Know: July 13
It's Friday the 13th, see below why this day is like any other - expect what's going on at Patch.
Today's Weather: Hot day with highs of 92. Temperatures dropping dramatically at night to 65 as patchy fog rolls in according to the National Weather Service.
Two live chats!
1. First, this morning, we'll be hosting a live chat with U.S. Senate Candidate Niki Tsongas at 9:30 a.m.
2. Then this afternoon we will be playing host to a live chat with Democratic hopeful Elizabeth Warren at 1:15 p.m.
3. Over in Acton, a new business breakfast club will be kicking things off this morning at 7:30 a.m. on 472 Main Street. $10.
3. The free beading class in Belmont at Life's a Bead continues this week on 404 Trapelo Road at 1 p.m.
4. A one-of-a-kind event will be taking place tonight at 7:30 p.m. Nathaniel Hawthorne - The Haunted Mind will have something for even the most learned Hawthorne fan to enjoy. On 455 Lexington Road.
5. Today in History: Today is Friday the 13th. The superstitution that today is bad luck was first noted in literature in an 1869 biography of Gioachino Rossini who passed away on the taboo date. There are several theories why the 13th is considered unlucky which surround numerology and the stock market crash. In Spain, Tuesday the 13th is the unlucky day. It appears, the superstition is just that; based on pieced-together reports of bad luck with no actual evidence that today is more or less signifigant than any other.