Five Things You Need to Know: July 4
It's the fourth of July. Here are five things you need to know.
Today's Weather: Let's hope the rain doesn't spoil the holiday. There is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms today with highs of 82. Chances of storms drop to 30 percent along with temps (67) at night according to the National Weather Service.
1. Happy 4th Concord Patch. Here is the article we wrote up about fireworks displays going on in the area.
2. Along with the area celebrations, the 33rd Annual Minuteman Road Race will be starting today at 9 a.m.
3. From 11:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., there will be a Picnic in the Park at Emerson Field including balloon rides and a free concert.
4. Over in Acton, there will be a unique chance to see the United States Air Force Band of Liberty at 7:30 p.m. followed by fireworks at 9:30 at Nara Park (25 Ledgerock Way, Acton).
5. Today in History: Aside from the obvious importance of today, in 1826, both founding fathers John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died. This also marks the day, in 1845, that Henry David Thoreau moved into his shack at Walden Pond.