Five Things You Need to Know on Election Day in Concord
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today, Nov. 6.
1. It's Election Day! A sizeable turnout is expected today, as it's a presidential eleciton year with tightly contested races between President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney for the White House and between incumbent Republican Scott Brown and Democrat Elizabeth Warren for US Senate.
2. Other Races Impacting Concord: Beyond the two biggies, several other races have a Concord connection. Facing off for the right to represent the 14th Middlesex District in the House are incumbent Cory Atkins, a Concord Democrat, and Mike Benn, a Concord Republican. And for the Third Middlesex State Senate, Lexington Democrat Mike Barrett and Chelmsford Republican Sandi Martinez are vying to fill the seat retiring state Sen. Susan Fargo, D-Lincoln, is leaving behind after eight terms. And then for U.S. Congress, Third District incumbent Niki Tsongas, a Lowell Democrat, faces Republican Jon Golnik of Carlisle.
3. Where To Vote: Concord has five precincts, which vote at four polling locations, and we've broken them down with the locations right here on Patch.
4. Coverage and Results: Stay tuned to Patch throughout the day for dispatches from polling locations, reports on voter turnout and, of course, results as they roll in this evening.
5. Clear and Cool: Should be mostly sunny today, but cool, as highs won't get out of the low-40s, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a clear and colder evening, with a low of 28.