Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 20
Rotary Club golf tournament, two scoops of Rock Road meetings and more today in Concord.
1. Thomas R. Huckins Memorial Golf Tournament: The Rotary Club of Concord is hosting its 24th annual golf event, the Thomas R. Huckins Memorial Golf Tournament to benefit the Concord Carlisle Scholarship Fund. Held at the Concord Country Club, 246 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, the shotgun start is scheduled for 1 p.m. preceded by registration and lunch from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m; cocktails and dinner are at 6:30 p.m. Entry fee is $250.
2. Selectmen Meet Tonight: Following an executive session at 6:45 p.m. at the Town House, the agenda for the open portion of tonight's Board of Selectmen's meeting includes discussing remote participation for members of town boards and committees and a possible letter of support for CCHS Building Project to the MSBA.
3. Rocky Road, The Book and the Ice Cream: At 6 p.m. this evening at the Fowler Branch Library, a teen book group will take up Rocky Road the book by Rose Kent before moving over to Reasons to be Cheerful to make Rocky Road ice cream. It's a free program, but there is limited space and registration is required.
4. Do You Get Daily, Weekly and Breaking News in Your Inbox? If the answer to that question was "No," then you're missing out and need to click here, like 5 minutes ago, to sign up for the Patch Newsletter.
5. Partly Sunny Day, Possibly Rainy Night: Should be a partly sunny day today with a high of 79, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy evening with a slight chance of showers late and a low of 62.