Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 23
A cappella, an Ag Committee meeting and more today in Concord.
1. The Yale Alley Cats Perform in Concord: One of Yale University's premiere all-male a cappella groups, the Alley Cats, is performing at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Trinitarian Congregational Church. The concert is free, but with a suggested donation of $10 for those who can swing it.
2. Ag Committee Meets Tonight: Ag Day prep and planning, the McGrath Farmland and Natural Resources Commission farmland licensing policies are all on the agenda when the Ag Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Town House.
3. West Concord Parking Permit Information: Is available on the town website. Semi-annual permits -- good for April 1 through September 30, and October 1 through March 31 -- are sold in the Treasurer's Office and a cost increase to $75 is effective Oct. 1.
4. Do You Get Daily, Weekly and Breaking News in Your Inbox? If the answer to that question was "No," then you're missing out and need to click here, like 5 minutes ago, to sign up for the Patch Newsletter.
5. It's a Beautiful Day: Patchy fog early should clear up to a mostly sunny day with a high of 88, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening with a low of 61.