Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 29
CCHS at the MSBA, arts and crafts at Barefoot Books and more today in Concord.
1. CCHS Building Project Goes Before the MSBA: The Massachusetts School Building Authority's Facilities Assessment Subcommittee is scheduled to hear an update this morning from the Concord-Carlisle Regional School District regarding the status of the design for its proposed high school building project, for which the MSBA suspended funding in June after the project went beyond the approved budget and scope.
2. Arts & Crafts at Barefoot Books: Looking for something to do with the kids as summer winds to a close? Head over to Barefoot Books for some arts and crafts at 11 a.m. this morning. Kiddos ages 2 and older can paint, draw, sculpt and glue wart materials in open-ended activities that complement the Thoreau Street shop's award-winning books.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, the only public meeting posted for today is the Concord Retirement Board at 8:30 a.m. at the Town House.
4. Blog on Patch: Lexington Patch is looking for foodies, parents, poll watchers, politicos, hippies, harpers, fashionistas, business gurus, sports fans and anyone else who has something to say. If you're passionate and opining is your thing, we'd like you to consider blogging for Patch. Interested? Email Concord Patch Editor Patrick Ball at email@example.com.
5. First Feelings of Fall? Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 75, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a clear evening with an overnight low down around 50.