Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 3
1. About That Road Work on Thoreau Street: Last week, Lazaro Paving milled and raised structures on Thoreau Street from Sudbury Road to Walden Street. (Check the map to see the full area.) This we much know. According to the town website, paving is tenatively scheduled to occur during the first week of August for that section of Thoreau Street. Further updates are expected, and any questions may be directed to the Engineering Division of Concord Public Works at 978-318-3210, the town website says.
2. Proving Thoreau Street is Not All Work and No Play... Up the road a little ways from the milling and paving and traffic delays, Barefoot Books is offering a little Play-Doh Fun from 3:30 to 4 p.m. today.
3. Today in Public Meetings: There are no public meetings posted for today, according to the town website.
4. Up with People Crusing into Concord: An international cast of Up with People will arrive in Concord from Sept. 10 to 17, a stop on their 2012 world tour, and is looking for local host families to provide a bed, local transportation at the beginning and end of each day, as well as breakfast and most dinners. Interested in more details, check out the website or contact Diane Goldsmith on the Concord Advance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Warming Up: Should be sunny and warm today, with a high of 91 and a chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts