Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 6
Board of Selectmen, river photography, helping others and more today in Concord.
1. BOS Get Busy Tonight: Concord's Board of Selectmen is scheduled to meet tonight and its open session agenda, beginning at 7 p.m. at the Town House, includes a presentation from OARS, and update from Fire Chief Mark Cotreau, a discussion of the town manager's annual goals and a follow-up discussion about the town's potential Community Preservation Act projects.
2. OARS Photography Contest: Got a few shots of Concord's three rivers that you'd love to share? OARS is seeking photographs illustrating the beauty and challenges of the Sudbury, Assabet and Concord Rivers Watershed. Photos must be taken within the Sudbury, Assabet and Concord watersheds and be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 21. Winning photos will be featured in OARS’ 2013 calendar. For more details, head over to oars3rivers.org.
3. Help Others Dress for Success: The Attias Group Real Estate, located on Thoreau Street, is hosting a clothing drive for Dress for Success, a nonprofit that seeks to help people in need find jobs and remain employed. Attias Group wil lbe collecting gently used womens business attire, shoes, handbags and jewelry that would be appropriate for a job interview.
4. Up with People Coming to Concord, Looking for Hosts: An international cast of Up with People will arrive in Concord from Sept. 10 to 17, a stop on their 2012 world tour, and is looking for local host families to provide a bed, local transportation at the beginning and end of each day, as well as breakfast and most dinners. Interested in more details, check out the website or contact Diane Goldsmith on the Concord Advance Team at email@example.com.
5. Stormy, Then Sunny? Showers and thunderstorms are in the forecast early, before a patchy fog lifts to a mostly sunny day with a high of 84, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clear evening with a low of around 60.