Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 30
Dress for Success clothing drive, a photography contest, meetings and more today in Concord.
1. Help Others Dress for Success: The Attias Group Real Estate, located on Thoreau Street, is hosting a clothing drive for Dress for Success, a nonprofit that seeks to help people in need find jobs and remain employed. Attias Group wil lbe collecting gently used womens business attire, shoes, handbags and jewelry that would be appropriate for a job interview.
2. Today in Public Meetings: The only public meeting posted for today, according to the town website, is the Retirement Board at 9:30 a.m. at the Town House. Take a peek at the agenda here.
3. OARS Photography Contest: Got a few shots of Concord's three rivers that you'd love to share? OARS is seeking photographs illustrating the beauty and challenges of the Sudbury, Assabet and Concord Rivers Watershed. Photos must be taken within the Sudbury, Assabet and Concord watersheds and be submitted to email@example.com by Sept. 21. Winning photos will be featured in OARS’ 2013 calendar. For more details, head over to oars3rivers.org.
4. CCM's Fall Registration is Open: You can now resgister for the Concord Conservatory of Music’s Fall semester Group Classes. Group registrations are accepted online, in the office and by mail, while private registration is ongoing throughout the year.
5. Showers Possible, Again: Isolated showers and possible thunderstorms are again in the forecast for today with a high of 79, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy, even cooler evening with a low of 63.