Five Things You Need to Know Today: May 30
The continuation of a clothing drive for women and a food drive for the troops, plus a garden party and a message from Barefoot Books.
Getting hotter out there with highs of 81. There's a 50 percent chance of rain today with the possibility of thunder storms according to www.weather.com.
1. There will be a Clothing Drive tomorrow starting at 8:30 a.m. and running throughout the afternoon. The Attias Group Real Estate Dress for Success Clothing Drive is aimed at collecting women's clothes specifically.
2. For those with green thumbs, the Buttrick Garden Party will take place today at 174 Liberty Street at 2 p.m.
3. Barefoot Books has a few announcements - The Annual Ducky Race & Fair is being held on June 2 at Emerson Fields. Barefoot is also having a reading hour Thursday, May 31 at 10:30 a.m. in-tune with the annual event called "Just Ducky Story & Craft Hour." If anyone has any questions about these free events, don't hesitate to contact Lisanne Wheeler 617.306.2145 or email@example.com.
4. A Food Drive for the Troops continues as Barrett & Company Real Estate move forward with their on-going endeavor to help feed our men and women in harms way. Click here for more information about donating.
5. This Day in History: Jumping back to the dark ages, French Patriarch Joan of Arc was burned at the stake today for being a heretic and witch back in 1431.