Invite a friend
Yoga/Art Workshop with Kirigami at Barefoot Books
Children (age 6-10) are led by yoga instructor, Alissa Nicol, in this monthly one-hour workshop that combines yoga and a range of relaxing art forms.
This month we'll learn the ancient Japanese art of Kirigami, cutting and folding paper to create a representation of our favorite yoga pose. No prior experience needed.
Remaining fall workshop: 12/17 Meditation Globes. Participating families get discounts on Barefoot yoga titles & products.
|Where||Barefoot Books 89 Thoreau St, Concord, MA 01742|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||4:30 pm–5:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Kids, Families|
|Price||$16/child, or save by registering for 2 remaining Fall workshops ($28 when purchased in advance).|
More About Barefoot Books
Barefoot Books is a passionate publishing company which aims to ignite children's imaginations, and encourage children to explore and respect the planet and other cultures. At their Concord location, across from the train depot, Barefoot Books has their newly opened flagship store and community center. Inside is a colorful and bright space, with a story-telling area, reading cubby, window benches and chairs, and a room for crafts, yoga and other community activities. On sale are beautiful, long-lasting books, CDs and gifts for children, carefully crafted by Barefoot Books. The company was founded in 1992 by two mothers, Tessa Strickland and Nancy Traversy, and operates worldwide in a global community.
Other events here
- Story Time Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Custom Hand-/Footprint Keepsakes May 6, 2013 / May 13, 2013 / May 20, 2013, 2:00 pm
- "Just Ducky" Stories & Crafts Tomorrow, May 21, 3:00 pm
- Act it Out! Storytime Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Story Time Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Pottery Painting Weekly on Fridays, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Story Time Weekly on Fridays, 11:30 am–11:00 pm
- Play Dough Fun Weekly on Fridays, 3:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Story Time Weekly on Fridays, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Paint-Your-Own Pottery at Barefoot Books Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–5:00 pm