Well here we find ourselves approaching Academy Awards time and you might be thinking of hosting a viewing party. Here are two dips that are sure to please your friends.
So here goes:
Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
- 1 16oz jar sauerkraut, drained (don't use the bagged kind - it's too bitter)
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded corned beef
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- Combine everything in your slow cooker and cook on high for 45 mins or about 1 1/2 hrs on low, until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with rye crackers.
Easy Microwave Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 12.5 oz can white meat chicken (or equal amount of shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 2 8oz blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend (or Monterey Jack) cheese
- 1 cup bleu cheese dressing
- Buffalo sauce to taste (I start with 1/4 cup)
- Combine all ingredients and microwave until hot (about 3-4 mins.)
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, celery and carrot sticks.
- This can be reheated as necessary in the microwave.