1. Grassroots Group to Host Educational Public Forum on Gun Violence at Lincoln-Sudbury: A Sudbury-based grassroots group, Citizens for Sensible Gun Policy, will host a public educational forum entitled "Gun Violence in America: How Can We Affect Meaninful Change," at 7 p.m. at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School. The, co-sponsored by Lincoln-Sudbury Adult Education, will be moderated by Middlesex Sheriff Peter J. Koutoujian.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Municipal Light Board at 8 a.m., the Central Middlesex Emergency Response Authority at 9 a.m., the Public Ceremonies & Celebrations Committee at 9 a.m., the CCHS Building/Site-Based Subcomm at 2:30 p.m., the CCHS Build Comm Sustainable Subcommittee at 6 p.m., the CCHS Building Comm--Integrated Design Subcommittee at 6 p.m., the Concord-Carlisle HS Building Committee at 7 p.m., the Cemetery Committee at 7 p.m. and the Public Works Commission at 7:15 a.m.
3. Volunteer Advocate Training: The Domestic Violence Services Network, a community based organization that works to combat domestic violence in collaboration with 10 area police departments, has announced volunteer advocate training will take place beginning in late February. Interested? contact Eileen Lawson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Winter's Return: Looks like a mix of rain and snow for most of the day, and a high of 35, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts possible snow early in the night before a gradual clearing and low of 29.