1. It's MLK Day. In case you were wondering what's open and closed in Concord this holiday, we've got a handy little list for you right here: What's Open, Closed on Martin Luther King Day in Concord.
2. What's It Mean? The great civil rights leader Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was, in a word, revolutionary. And each year in January, we Americans of all races, creeds, economic circumstances and skin colors, take a day to reflect on what MLK meant to our country. Some use this occasion to serve their neighbors and communities. Read more about the MLK Day of Service here.
3. Honoring MLK Locally: From 7 to 8:30 p.m. tonight at Fenn School, the Concord-Carlisle Human Rights Council will hold its 20th annual MLK Day Celebration which, according to Stefanie Cloutier, will feature choruses of all ages joining together to sing folksongs, spirituals, and gospel songs. Among the singers will be the Fenn Treble Chorus, Willard fifth-grade chorus, the CCHS Patriettes A Capella Chorus, the Boston Children’s Chorus, and the Holy Tabernacle Church Gospel Chorus.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. So This is Winter: Increasing clouds and temperatures that top out around 28 preceed expected snow late this afternoon, mainly after 5 p.m., according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more wintry weather and snow overnight with a low around 14.