1. Stay Home If You Can: Having previously declared a state of emergency, Gov. Deval Patrick on Sunday urged communities to close schools today and asked residents to stay off the roads because of Hurricane Sandy.
2. School's Closed:The Concord Public Schools and Concord-Carlisle Regional School District followed that advice, and cancelled school for today, Oct. 29.
3. Where to Read: For the latest local news on Hurricane Sandy and the storm's effects, be sure to check out our Hurricane Sandy Information Center and landing page, which will be updated continuously throuhgout the storm.
4. Public Meetings, Etc. The only public meeting posted for today is the Board of Selectmen at 7 p.m. and, as of 7 p.m. on Sunday evening, it was unclear whether it has been cancelled or rescheduled.
5. Weather Forecast: Sandy should bring heavy rain and strong winds, with gusts of up to 55 miles per hour and a daytime high temperature of 60, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more severe weather conditions overnight, with a low of 56.