1. No School Today: For the second straight day, Hurricane Sandy has washed out the Concord Public Schools. Superintendent Diana Rigby confirmed Monday night that there will be no school today, Oct. 30.
2. Decision About Town Offices Imminent: In an email to Patch Monday night, Town Manager Chris Whelan said he plans to speak with Fire Chief Mark Cotreau and and CMLP Director Dave Wood at 6 a.m. this morning and will decide then about opening Town offices.
3. Safety Concern: Whelan also said that, heading into Hurricane Sandy's second day, the primary problem was "power outages and downed power lines raising safety concerns."
4. Stay Informed: We'll keep our Hurricane Sandy Information Center up and running throughout the day, updating it with the latest local news.
5. And Your Daily Weather Forecast: More rain, more warmth and gentler winds are in the forecast for today, with a daytime high of 68, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more wind and rain overnight and a low around 54.