1. Property Taxes Due Tomorrow: First quarter preliminary taxes for fiscal 2012 are due to the Collectors Office tomorrow, Aug. 1. The Finance Department is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and tomorrow.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Trails Committee at 8 a.m. at 141 Keyes Road; the Conservation Restriction Stewardship Committee at 3 p.m. at 141 Keyes Road; a Natural Resources Commission site visit at 4 p.m. at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and the Transportation Advisory Committee at 7 p.m. at the Ripley Building.
3. : There's rubber bridge at 1 p.m. this afternoon at the in West Concord.
4. On This Day in History: In 1620, Pilgrim fathers departed for America; in 1777, Marquis de Lafayette, at age 19, was made major-general of the Continental Army; in 1876, a U.S. Coast Guard officers' training school was established New Bedford; in 1932, the George Washington quarter went into circulation; in 1964, a Rolling Stones concert in Ireland was stopped after 12 minutes due to a riot and, in 1993, Allman Brothers Band guitarist Dickie Betts was arreted after allegedly shoving two cops.
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Night: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 79, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts possibly patchy fog and a partly cloudy night with a low around 59.