First there was Black Friday, then there was Cyber Monday. Now there is a movement to create a new holiday called “Giving Tuesday.”
Celebrated the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, the event encourages people to support nonprofit organizations through charitable activities at the start of the holiday season.
Luckily, there are many ways you can help in Concord and throughout the region. Here are just a few opportunities to reach out this holiday season:
- Concord Carlisle Community Chest
- Open Table
- Concord Education Foundation
- Communities for Restorative Justice
- Gaining Ground
- The Drinking Gourd Project
- Minute Man Arc
- Animal Rescue League of Boston
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay
Know of some other places in the neighborhood or around Concordwhere you can give back this holiday season? Tell us in the comments or tweet @ConcordPatch with the hashtag #givingTuesday.