By Les Masterson
The new Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association football playoff schedule will mean a much different schedule for the CCHS Patriots this year.
Concord-Carlisle takes on Wellesley in the season opener and will play Bedford High at least twice this year, including hosting the Bucs in the annual Thanksgiving clash.
Rather than the usual Super Bowl structure that featured teams playing in playoff games after Thanksgiving, the playoffs will start at the beginning of November.
Teams that don’t make the playoffs will play other non-playoff teams in the weeks leading up to the annual Thanksgiving game. The six state championship games will take place after Thanksgiving.
Confused – and just want to know the Concord-Carlisle schedule? Here’s the schedule for the upcoming varsity football season (please note that CCHS football will play games between Oct. 25 and Thanksgiving, but they won’t find out who they're playing until after the playoff teams are announced at the end of October).
- Thursday, Sept. 12 – at Wellesley Middle/High School, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 20 – Lexington High, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 27 – at Bedford High, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 4 – Boston Latin School, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 11 – at Weston High, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 18 – Westford Academy, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 25 – at Wayland High, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 28 – Bedford High, 10 a.m.