1. 44th Annual Concord Antiques Show: The annual antiques show, to be held Nov. 1 and Nov. 2 at Trinitarian Congregational Church in Concord, will feature more than 30 exhibitors and will offer a wide variety of quality affordable antiques such as Victorian pattern furnishings and glass, jewelry, decorative accessories, rugs, fine china, antique maps and prints, country furniture and accessories and much more. Get the details here.
2. Public Meetings Preview: According to the town website, here's the week's lineup of public meetings:
- Monday, Oct. 28:
- Tuesday, Oct. 29: the Trails Committee at 8 a.m., the Concord Retirement Board at 8:30 a.m., the Millbrook Tarry Task Force at 9 a.m., the Public Ceremonies and Celerations Committee at 6 p.m. and the Comprehensive Sustainable Energy Committee at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 30: the MAPC Metropolitan Area Planning Council Fall Meeting at 2:30 p.m. and the Trustees of Town Donations at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 31:
- Friday, Nov. 1: the Community Preservation Committee at 8 a.m. and the Local Option Local Income Tax Committee at 8 a.m.
3. Close to Home: New England's Changing Landscape, Oil Paintings by Susanne Meterko: An exhibit featuring works by Acton resident Susanne Meterko opens at 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 1 at the Concord Art Association. Get the details here.
4. Armagh Coffee House at Holy Family Parish: At 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2, Holy Family will host Bob Ardern, a singer/songwriter from Nova Scotia. Get the details here.
5. Family Performance of "Peter and the Wolf:" At 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3 at the Harvey Wheeler Community Center, Concord Children's Center will hold its Fall Family Fundraiser, featuring Cambridge-based chamber music group Radius Ensemble performing "Peter and the Wolf" and other songs about animals. Get the details here.