1. CCM Faculty Concert, Guitarist Juanito Pascual: At 7 p.m. this Friday, Jan. 10, the Flamenco guitarist and composer Juanito Pascual will perform at the Concord Conservatory of Music's Faculty Concert at the West Concord Union Church. Get the details here.
2. Public Meetings Preview: According to the town website, here's the week's lineup of public meetings:
- Monday, Jan. 6: the Fitchburg Line Working Group at 8:30 a.m., the Thoreau School Advisory Committee at 5:15 p.m., the Middle School Advisory Committee at 6:30 p.m., the Board of Selectmen at 6:30 p.m. and the Alcott School Advisory Council at 6:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 7: a Conservation Coffee at 7:30 a.m. a Natural Resources Commission site visit at 10 a.m. and the Comprehensive Sustainable Energy Committee at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 8: the Municipal Light Board at 7:30 a.m., the Tax Relief Committee at 8:30 a.m., the Central Middlesex Emergency Response Association Exec Board at 9 a.m., the Public Ceremonies & Celebrations Committee at 6 p.m., the Natural Resources Commission at 7 p.m., the Cemetery Committee at 7 p.m., the Public Works Commission at 7:15 p.m. and the West Concord Advisory Committee at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 9: the Concord Housing Authority at 8 a.m., the MAGIC Minuteman Advisory Group on Interlocal Coordination at 3 p.m., the Personnel Board at 5 p.m., the Historic Districts Commission at 7 p.m., the Historical Commission at 7 p.m. and the Board of Appeals at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 10: Local Option Local Income Tax at 8 a.m. and the CC Adult & Community Ed Advisory Committee at 4:45 p.m.
4. Trinity Forum: Food Choices & Global Warming: At 9 a.m. this coming Sunday, Jan. 11, Trinity Episcopal Church will host an adult education program in which Lexington Farmers Market founder Sonia De Marta will discuss agriculture's impact on global warming and how food choices can change a carbon footprint. Get the details here.
5. Christmas Tree Disposal: Concord's compost site will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Friday, Jan. 10 and Saturday, Jan. 11 for Christmas tree collection. Click here for more info on Christmas tree disposal.