1. Summer Opportunities Fair: Looking for summer activities for the kids? More than 50 organizations representing day and overnight camps, as well as volunteer service trips and info on the college application process will participate in the 2014 Summer Opportunities Fair to be held from 5:30 to 8 p.m. this Monday, Jan. 13 at Concord-Carlisle High School. Get the details here.
2. Public Meetings Preview: According to the town website, here's the week's lineup of public meetings:
- Monday, Jan. 13: the Community Preservation Act Committee at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 14: the Hugh Cargill Trust at 9:15 a.m., the Council on Aging at 5:30 p.m., the School Committee Policy Subcommittee at 6 p.m., the Concord School Committee at 6:30 p.m., the CFPL Library Committee at 7 p.m., the Concord Cultural Council at 7:30 p.m. and the 2229 Main Street Oversight Committee at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 15: Town Governance Study Committee at 8:15 a.m., the CCHS Building Committee Site Based Subcommitte at 2:30 p.m., the Heywood Meadow Stewardship Committee at 4 p.m., the Public Ceremonies & Celebrations at 6 p.m. and the White Pond Advisory Committee at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 16: the Board of Assessors at 7 p.m. and the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Advisory Committee at 7 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 17:
4. Movie at the Gleason Library: This one's in Carlisle, but worth a mention. At 1:30 p.m. this Wednesday, Jan. 15, Carlisle's Gleason Library will show "American Nations," a film by Colin Woodard, a classic musical comedy in which -- according to the event posting -- the Founding Fathers work out their regional differences to sign the Declaration of Independence. Get the details here.
5. Experience Clay at Barefoot Books: At 3 p.m. this Wednesday, Jan. 15 at Barefoot Books is inviting locals to drop by and experience clay in two distinct ways. Get the details here.