1. Gold's Gym Concord September Open House: Drop by Gold's Gym on Domino drive after 9 a.m. for free food, free workouts and the gym's best membership specials. Get the details here.
2. Public Meetings Preview: According to the town website, here's the week's lineup of public meetings:
- Monday, Sept. 30: The Board of Selectmen at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 1: a Conservation Coffee at 7:30 a.m., the Trails Committee at 9 a.m., the Millbrook Tarry Task Force at 5 p.m., the Comprehensive Sustainable Energy Committee at 7 p.m., the Millbrook Tarry Task Force Public Information Session at 7 p.m. and the Community Preservation Committee at 7:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2: a Historic Districts Commission site visit at 8 and another at 8:30 a.m., the Cemetery Committee at 6:30 p.m., the Natural Resources Commission at 7 p.m. and the West Concord Advisory Committee at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 3: the Concord Housing Authority at 8 a.m., the Historic Districts Commission at 7 p.m., the Finance Committee at 7:30 p.m. and the Hanscom Area Towns Committee (HATS) at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 4: the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Advisory Committee at 8 a.m. and the Local Option Local Income Tax Committee at 8 p.m.
3. Water Main Flushing: The town has announced fall water main flushing will begin Monday, Sept 30 and continue Monday through Friday through Oct. 10. Get the details here.
4. Power Up Your Profitability: At 4 p.m. this Wednesday, Oct. 2 at the Thoreau Club in Concord, the Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce Professional Women's Network will prevent an event on "How and Why to Become a Certified Woman-Owned Business. Get the details here.
5. NESEA Green Buildings Open House: At 10 a.m. this Saturday, Oct. 5, the owners of a riverfront home on Simon Willard Road in Concord will share
their experiences buying, installing and living with clean technologies as part of the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association’s 14th annual Green Building Open House on Oct. 5th. Get the details here.