By Liz Taurasi
With October upon us, and the smell of fall in the air, now is the time to find your perfect pumpkin.
Whether you pick for sport (Punkin Chunkin), to eat (pies, pastries, etc...) or simply decorate for Halloween, pumpkins are plentiful right now throughout Massachusetts.
Did you know Massachusetts has more than three dozen locations to visit to pick your own pumpkin this season?
Some locations within a short drive of Concord include:
- Verrill Farm here in Concord
- Shelburne Farm in Stow
- Westview Farms in Boxborough
- Wright-Locke Farm in Winchester
- Fat Moon at Meadowbrook Farm in Westford
- Hanson Farm in Framingham
- Belkin Family Lookout Farm in Natick
For a list of everything you can pick fresh throughout the state visit the Massgrown home page.
Where do you go locally for your pumpkin each season? Tell us in the comments section below.