Wednesday, January 30, 2013
From flowers to sweets to one-of-a-kind jewelry, the merchants of West Concord have got it covered.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, some West Concord businesses will be making it real easy to show your shop local love. Next Saturday, Feb. 9 six stores in West concord will be hosting a “Valentine’s Day Crawl,” featuring free food and drink, special deals and a raffle for a $100 West Concord gift basket. Here’s a breakdown of the offerings, according to a press release provided by noa: Many of the gifts continue through Valetine’s Day, according to the press release, just show a dated receipt from one store at the others and receive a free gift with purchase.
Friday, January 18, 2013
The West Concord hobby shop/cafe's co-owner dishes about the business and its upcoming three-day celebration over MLK Day weekend.
Catching up with Patch on Thursday, Jan. 17, Dabblers co-owner Randy Hartnett explained what the colorful hobby shop/cafe hybrid was all about, and how the upcoming weekend festivities aims to celebrate every facet of the business. Here's the press release from Dabblers, along with with a complete events schedule: Dabblers hobbies+café is celebrating their Second Anniversary in West Concord on January 19, 20 & 21. Opened in December of 2010, Dabblers is a unique hobby shop offering dozens of hobbies for adults and children ranging from watercolors to woodworking, stained glass to knitting, model planes to chemistry sets, origami, soap making, drawing, and more. Plus, there is a Café serving delicious soups, salads and sandwiches. In the …
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Dec. 26 in Concord.
1. Warhammer Paintball: Here's the explanation: From 1 to 2:30 p.m. today at Dabblers, there's an introduction to the Warhammer 40K game and rules in a fun setting. Each child will command one character in a simple tournament, and then personalize their model before taking it home. It's $15/session; $10.00 for each additional family member/friend. 2. Today in Town Meetings: According to the town website, there are no public meetings posted for today in Concord. 3. "Holiday Art Show:" Gallery Seven, down on Nason Street in Maynard, is hosting its fifth Annual "Holiday Art Show," featuring 13 area artists including Concord artist Elisa Adams. Open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. 4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like …
Thursday, November 15, 2012
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. 8th Annual Evening of Indulgence: Starting at 6 p.m. this evening, 1 on 1 Self Indulgence on Beharrell Street in West Concord will host an evening of "Sweet Indulgence" featuring sample spa treatments and tastings by Concord Teacakes, Trails End Cafe, Vintner's Circle, To Die For Dips, Holiday Inn Boxborough and more. 2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include: the Heywood Meadow Stewardship Committee at 9 a.m., the Historical Commission at 7 p.m., the Historic Districts Commission at 7 p.m., a CMLP Rate Hearing at 7 p.m., the Middle School Advisory Council at 7 p.m. and the Finance Committee at 7:30 p.m. 3. Holiday Workshop: Beginning at 6:30 p.m. tonight at Dabblers in West …
Thursday, September 27, 2012
A look at five things to see, do and know today in Concord.
1. Art Night Out - Ice Resin Pendant: From 6 to 8 p.m. at Dabblers, you can design two mini-collages and then turn them into high quality, customized jewelry preserved in Ice Resin.The $50 charge covers all of the materials included to make two pendants. 2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include a Board of Selectmen's executive session at 6 p.m., the Finance Committee at 7:30 p.m. and the Hanscom Area Towns Committee, also at 7:30 p.m. 3. Concord Patch is Getting a New Neighbor Today: Bedford-MA Patch launches later this afternoon. Check it out at bedford-ma.patch.com anytime after 3:30 p.m. 4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on …
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Revisiting Vatican II with Holy Family, Zentangle at Dabblers, meetings and more today in Concord.
1. Vatican II Revisited: The Influence of Cardinal Newman: Holy Family Parish in Concord ishosting renowned scholar and Boston College professor Reverend Robert Imbelli at 7:30 p.m. this evening at Monument Hall as the inaugural speaker in a year long program of special adult Faith Formation sessions under the rubric Vatican II Revisited. $10 donations collected at the door. 2. Zentangle 101 Workshop: You can learn the art of Zentangle, a way of creating beautiful images from repeating patterns, from 6 to 7:45 p.m. today at Dabblers in West Concord. Zetangle has been called yoga for the mind, according to the event announcement. 3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the …
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Citizens Committee to Study School Transportation meets tonight. Plus four other things you need to know today in Concord.
1. Citizens Committee to Study School Transportation: It's meeting at 7 p.m. this evening at the Harvey Wheeler Community Center and the agenda includes the chair's report, citizen comments, committee member updates on areas of research and choosing possible dates for September meetings, among other items. 2. More Meetings: According to the town website, additional public meetings posted for today include the Concord Housing Authority at 7:30 a.m. at 34 Everett Street and the Historic Districts Commission at 7 p.m. at 141 Keyes Road. 3. Science Week at Dabblers: This week's theme at Dabblers' summer hobby and workshops programs is "Science Week." Check out a complete dailiy schedule at the West Concord shop's website. 4. Businesses, Claim …
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
A children's books writing workshop, three events at Dabblers, meet a firefighter in Acton and a new play in Weston.
Today's Weather: Should be a sunny Wednesday with highs of 81. Some clouds coming in at night as temperatures drop to 60 according to the National Weather Service. 1. Barefoot Books will be having a Writing Children's Books Workshop this morning at 9:30 a.m. Please bring a children's book to donate to charity. 2. Dabblers Summer Workshops continue today as well with a Jeweled Mosaic Workshop at 11 a.m., a Wooden Box Workshop at 1 p.m. and a Warhammer Tournament at from 1 - 5 p.m. 3. Over in Acton at the Discovery Museum, come on down at 10 a.m. to Meet a Firefighter. On-duty firefighters will meet with kids, let them handle their equipment and answer questions. 4. In Weston, Summer Drama Workshops at the theatre on 235 Wellesley Street are…
Friday, July 20, 2012
Kid's craft club at Barefoot, a free beading class in Belmont, more medieval fun at Dabblers and Moon Day at the Discovery Museum in Acton.
Today's Weather: Another sunny day with highs of 76. Friday night it will be mostly cloud with temperatures dropping to 56 according to the National Weather Service. 1. Barefoot Books will be hosting Kid's Craft Club this morning at 11 a.m. This free event is a place for kids to create some creative projects and socialize. 2. Belmont's long-running, free beading class continues today at 1 p.m. over on 404 Trapelo Road at Life's a Bead. Amatuers and professionals alike welcome. 3. Dabblers medieval themed summer workshops continue today with hot wire foam creations from 1 - 2:30 p.m. 4. In celebration of the historic event described below, the Discovery Museum on 177 Main St. in Acton will be having a special Moon Day at 10 a.m. $11. 5. …
Thursday, July 19, 2012
A live football feed, more medieval fun at Dabblers, puzzles and games at Barefoot and a real estate seminar.
Today's Weather: The storm cooled things off slightly. Highs today expected at 85, dropping at night to 58 according to the National Weather Service. 1. For the football fans out there, and no not that kind of football...There will be a live streaming feed of AmaZulu vs. Manchester United brought to you by the Learning Experience on 130 Baker Ave. Click here to watch the live feed. 2. Dabblers Medieval Summer Workshops continue today with five events including making catapults, hot-wire foam creations and more. Head over to Dabblers' website for more information. 3. Barefoot Books will be having a puzzles and games day today at 11 a.m. Bring your own games or join in with others. 4. There will be a Real Estate Career night for anybody …